Having a fair, radiant, and glowing face is what we are all after. But sometimes environmental condition and stressful schedules, as well as sleepless nights, take a toll on our skin. That under-eye bags, wrinkles, and forehead lines and sometimes acne start to become visible, making that dream facial glow seem impossible — insert natural moisturizers! Organic and all-natural moisturizers are readily available to purchase in the market. No matter how busy lifestyle may be, it just takes seconds of your daily routine to apply cream or spray moisturizing mist in your face that will have a pleasant effect over the long haul. Beyond that appealing radiant glow, they are effective in creating a protective layer that boosts hydration in your skin, preventing flaking and dullness and premature aging.
Why go natural? Chemical-based moisturizers are also effective yet they increase the probability of developing skin allergies, irritations, and side effects. These chemicals, especially, are too abrasive to those who have sensitive skin. Natural skin care moisturizers, on the other hand, are made from non-artificial ingredients like natural oils, plants fruit extracts, and fruit acids. These products are known to effectively treat the skin and nourish. It doesn’t have to be all-natural though according to skin care experts. Your skin care product must contain at least 95 percent organically produced ingredients to make it safe even with the most sensitive skin. However, “Natural” is not a regulated term, that means manufacturers can still stamp it on the product label even if the product is chock-full of synthetic chemicals. So, one should take precautionary measures; watch out for parabens in the form of methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, and butylparaben on product labels. These chemicals allow skin care products to survive for months yet they can mimic hormones in the body and disrupt functions of skin tissues.
Though there are tons falsely proclaimed natural moisturizers out in the market, there are also still products that stay true to their natural and organic ingredients that are effective and swear by their many verified users. Here are 5 natural moisturizers you should try for a supple and glowing face. In addition, we have also included complete ingredients and top customer reviews to help you assess each product even more.
Organic Facial Moisturizer by Christina Moss
Suitable for all skin type. It’ a common thing to come across moisturizers that are good for both cases of dry and oily complexions but what set’s this moisturizer apart from other conventional ones is that anti-aging properties. Add up to that is that it extremely 100 percent organic and natural. No wonder it’s the top-rated natural moisturizer in Amazon right now.
Ingredients: Certified Organic Aloe Vera, Certified Organic Apricot Kernel Oil, Certified Organic Grapeseed Oil, Certified Organic Avocado Oil, Certified Organic Vegetable Glycerine, Organic Star Anise Seed Oil, Emulsifying Wax (made from organic coconut oil and organic almond oil) & Stearic Acid.
Why it’s great:
- No harmful chemicals or preservatives: Only 100% Natural and Organic ingredients
- Hydrates, nourishes, and feeds your skin with key essential oils & organic ingredients
- Non-Comedogenic: They work well with oily skin because it’s non-greasy and won’t leave a film, build up or clog pores
- Hypoallergenic: No SLS, SLES, Propylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol Derivatives, Parabens, Sulfates, Dyes, Synthetic Fragrance, or Preservatives making suitable for all skin types
- Natural Healing and Anti-Aging: It fights off the root of premature aging.
- Made in small batches to guarantee freshness.
- Cruelty Free
- Includes skin care guide manual your purchase which contains 2 natural DIY face masks.
- Six months Full Money Back Guarantee.
Customer Reviews: People with sensitive skin and eczema have mentioned how non-irritating and soothing the moisturizer is, making their complexion feel soft, soothed, and moisturized. While for other users, the coconut oil ingredient needed extra moisturization on very dry areas. Still, this product seems to be healing in some way, offering a nice soft feeling to the skin that users seem to notice and love.
Organic Argan Oil by Eve Hansen
Effectively hydrates even the driest of the driest skin. If you’re on a hunt for an intense moisturizer that could revitalize dry skin, look no further than Eva Hansen’s own 100 percent pure argan oil. Many beauty products contain argan oil, but usually in small amounts to keep the costs down. The product is 100 percent pure and not diluted down in any way so a little goes a long way. Apply it on your face to not only seals in moisture but also protects it from free radicals and other damaging effects from the outside environment. And this might sound counterintuitive but this argan oil is also great for oily skin types — the natural ingredients trick your skin into thinking it already has enough oil, shutting off sebum production and closing the shine factory.
Ingredients: Arganina (Argan) Spinosa Kernel Oil – 100% pure organic “Grade 1” cold pressed virgin oil — nothing added or taken away
Why it’s great:
- USDA Certified Organic
- Packed with Vitamins: Argan oil contains antioxidants, vitamin E, and essential fatty acids to nourish your skin and combat premature aging.
- Light as a daytime moisturizer and hydrating as a nighttime moisturizer
- Relieves and remove stretch marks, scars, and sunburn
- Can be used as a makeup remover
- Also, great for giving your hair, lips and nails nourishment and shine.
- Money Back Guarantee
Customer Reviews: Most compliments are on the ability of the organic product to make face feeling dewy soft glowing without feeling heavy or greasy. Users are also quite surprised how an oil like argan does not exacerbate acne issues. For one customer, however, the texture is not very smooth, silky enough. Nevertheless, most are satisfied with results.
Face and Eye Cream Organic Moisturizer by BeeFriendly
Formulated for deep penetration and quick absorption. When applying face cream, you need to be careful as there are quite a lot of products on the market which are going to burn your eyes if it gets too close to them. BeeFriendly’s Face and Cream Moisturizer, however, won’t give you that eye burning sensation even if you applied it around your eyes. Also, you don’t have to wait a long time to let your pores absorb the moisturizer before putting that makeup. Unlike other standard face creams, this product is deeply penetrating on skin yet no fillers and binders included, only natural and organic ingredients that keep your skin hydrated all day. The secret lies behind its key ingredients — beeswax and raw organic honey that clarifies skin by opening and unclogging pores while boosting skin’s natural moisture.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Beeswax with Pollen & Propolis, Raw Hawaiian Honey, Vitamin E, Bergamot Essential Oil (Bergapten Free), Amyris Sandalwood Essential Oil. Handmade by Holistic BeeKeepers in Hawaii.
Why it’s great:
- Certified All-Natural and Organic
- Anti-Aging Benefits:It’s clinically proven to naturally aid in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Healing Properties: The organic ingredients, particularly the raw honey, has antibiotic properties that stimulate collagen and cell regeneration while propolis is antibacterial that help the skin to heal and protects it from further damage.
- Four Creams in One: It works as a hydrating cream, moisturizer, and lotion on eye, face, neck and décolleté so you don’t have to buy an arsenal of beauty products.
- Leaves a light refreshing honey scent
- No chemicals, parabens, or animal testing
- Money Back Guarantee
Customer Reviews: Truly, with this product, a little goes a long way, even for men who rave about the effective outcome. Some even treat it as aftershave cream. The product is also favored by makeup professionals who use the product to satisfy their clients. The only downside; the mix of essential oils might leave a woodsy smell for some.
SPF 30 Oil-Free Moisturizer by Juice Beauty
Highly-favored by consumers with problematic skin. Juice Beauty Skin Care Line is widely recognized to formulate nutrient-rich certified organic botanical juices as an alternative to other brand’s conventional, synthetic chemical-laden beauty ingredients. Juice Beauty’s latest product, the SPF 30 Oil-Free Moisturizer delivers highly effective, clinically validated results that don’t only hydrate the skin but also feed with nutrients in the blend of the company’s certified organic grape, pomegranate, soothing aloe vera, vitamins, antioxidants, and nutrient-rich sea algae. Specifically designed for oily, combination, and blemish-prone skin types — the moisturizer doesn’t use inexpensive fillers such as petroleum glycols or added water most found in most today’s beauty brands to ensure the formulation is not harsh but gentle to all skin conditions.
Ingredients: Organic White Grape Juice, Organic Apple Juice, Organic Pomegranate Juice, Aloe Organic Aloe Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Organic Jojoba Seed, Organic Sesame Seed, Avocado, Cetearyl Glucoside, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Organic Cucumber Extract, Algae Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Chamomile Extract, Linden Flower Extract, Vitamin B5, Vitamin C, Vegetable Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Lime, Sweet Neroli, Ho Wood, Pure Essential Aromas
Why it’s great:
- USDA Certified Organic Ingredients
- Rejuvenates: This is due to lightweight, zinc broad spectrum non-nano SPF 30 moisturizer hydrate, protect and maintain your skin’s natural moisture balance for a healthy-looking skin
- Nutrient Packed: The antioxidant-rich certified organic grape and pomegranate, soothing aloe vera, vitamin antioxidants and nutrient-rich sea algae leave a radiant complexion. Vitamins C, E, B5 promote healthy cellular turnover and healing properties.
- Faster Result: It blends and absorbs quickly with non-pore clogging moisturizing organic aloe.
- Sun Protectant: It helps prevent premature signs of aging caused by everyday sun exposure.
- Formulated without parabens, petroleum, artificial dyes synthetic fragrances or other toxic chemicals
- Product never tested on animals
Customer Review: Users with acne-prone skin claim they have found their moisturizer. The texture is heavy for some, but that’s probably because it doesn’t use any artificial chemicals or dissolving agent to thin out the texture. The formulation, however, has been found out to absorb quickly into the skin and does not leave skin greasy. The only limitation is it hasn’t been found to be of aid in the elimination of existing acne. Some users suggest it’s best paired with your favorite acne cream. Other than that, Oil-free moisturizer by Juice Beauty lives up to its promise of clearing skin while hydrating it, at least according to its happy and satisfied users.
L’Occitane Pure Shea Butter
An ultra-nourishing beauty balm to soften dry, dehydrated, or sensitive skin. The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in a 100 percent pure raw shea butter makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for the skin. The moisturizing properties present in a pure organic shea butter and the natural moisturizing agent produced by the body’s sebaceous glands are the same. It means applying it on the skin is like adding an extra protective layer. Even better, it’s anti-inflammatory; it does a superior job of calming irritated skin.
Some manufacturers alter shea butter to give it better texture and fragrance, that may be in the form of adding cheap fillers to cut down costs, yielding to an inferior quality. Pure Shea Butter by L’Occitane begs to differ — it delivers the benefit of a 100 percent pure, unrefined, organic shea butter that went to a natural process of kneading to form the balm. Apply it on your face to protect and nourish, and at the same time ward off wrinkles and lines. If dry parts of the body are an issue keep them hydrated by applying a generous amount of the balm to affected areas or better yet slather on your whole body to rejuvenate skin’s natural freshness.
Ingredients: 100% Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit
Why It’s Great:
- Deep Moisturizing: The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in shea butter makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for the skin.
- Healing: Lupeol cinnamate, one natural compound in shea butter, was found to reduce skin inflammation and even potentially help avoid skin mutations. This also makes it beneficial for some people with acne.
- Skin Smoothening: Enriched with antioxidant vitamin E, it can soften a dry skin. Shea butter aids in the skin’s natural collagen production and contains oleic, stearic, palmitic, and linolenic acids that protect and nourish the skin to prevent drying.
- Lightweight: Shea butter is smooth in texture and does not liquefy at room temperatures. It will soften in your hands, making it easy to apply.
- Clinically Proven Safe: Raw shea butter and related forms have been assessed by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review expert panel.
- Free of artificial fragrances, parabens, and petroleum
- Fair Trade: L’Occitane sourced their raw ingredient with women in Burkina Faso, West Africa –one of the best provider of quality shea nut — in which they pay thrice the market rate while also offering literacy and micro-credit programs to the women. So, while purchasing this product, you don’t only care for your skin but also help maintain and sustain a thriving community.
Customer Review: On the other side, many are second doubting whether to purchase the product or not as it cost more than substitute shea butter. But take note that substitute or altered shea butter, though less expensive, doesn’t fully carry out the benefit of a pure organic shea butter. Another verified purchaser, however, claim it’s worth the price as the 5.3 ounces tub last for at least three months. With long term use, many consumer report skin softening and strengthening as well as wrinkle reduction.
Fresh, vibrant skin says a lot about a person. There’s no better way to maintain the freshness and vibrancy of skin’s youth naturally than to go organic. Like food, our face reflects what we feed or apply on it. While other chemical additives are still yet to be proven safe, going for natural moisturizers is a wiser decision.